CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (April 5, 2012) – In light of a recent report of at least one person posing as an EPB employee to obtain a customer’s credit card information, we encourage the public to be mindful and to keep in mind EPB’s business practices.
- EPB employees and contractors will never request entry to a customer’s home unless there has been a prior appointment established with the customer.
- EPB field employees and contractors do not ask customers for bill payment or personal information such as social security numbers. All payments are handled either securely online, over the phone, by mail, or in person at one of EPB’s three local locations.
- EPB utilizes the services of several contractors for meter reading, tree pruning, service installation and other functions. All EPB contractor vehicles are marked with either EPB Contractor or EPB Fiber Optics Contractor.
- All employees and contractors should have a picture ID visible and/or be able to produce their ID to anyone who asks to see it.
- If a customer is contacted by phone and questions the legitimacy of the caller, EPB encourages the customer to get the person’s name, call EPB back at 423-648-1EPB (1372), and ask to be directed back to that person.
EPB’s number-one concern is for the safety of its customers and employees. If anyone is uncomfortable or suspicious about someone claiming to be an EPB employee or contractor, EPB advises not allowing the person into your home and dial 911 immediately, or call EPB at 423-648-1EPB (1372) to verify the person’s association with EPB.