With patience, hard work, and support from our community, EPB is proud to say that we are now LEED Certified.
- The LEED Project has an ROI of less than one year.1
- To date, the Project Building’s occupants saved 5.7 Million kWh. This kWh translated to $420,640 and 4,054 metric tons of CO2. This CO2 reduction is equivalent to the carbon sequestered annually by 3,323 acres of U.S. forest.2
- So far in 2013, the Project Building’s occupants saved 336,374 gallons of water. This translates to $6,701 and is equivalent to saving the amount of water to fill roughly 15 standard-sized U.S. swimming pools.3
- During the LEED Process, the building's occupants recycled 712 cubic yards, the equivalent of keeping 59 standard dump trucks’ waste out of landfills.4
- During the LEED Process, Corporate CSA Program participants bought 3,500 pounds of sustainably grown local produce.5
- During the LEED Process, Clean Commute participants avoided an estimated 248,420 miles of conventional travel, an amount equivalent to traveling to San Francisco from Chattanooga 102 times.6
- During the official LEED Process, 69 people representing 26 organizations worked over 4,000 hours to make this project happen.7
1 Approximately $125,000 spent / $131,650 in annual recurring energy savings = ROI less than one year. This calculation doesn’t include other benefits, such as water savings.
2 5,746,450 kWh x .0732 (losses rate) = $420,640. CO2 and equivalencies calculated using the US EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator.
3 Data is from EPB’s TN American Water bills. Standard Pool calculation referenced by Ask.com & WikiAnswers: 336,374 gallons/ 22,000 gallons = 15.3 US standard pools.
4 Data is from Internal Recycling Records independently gathered by Reliable Building Solutions. 712 cubic yards/ 12 cubic yards = 59.3 standard dump trucks.
5 Data from Crabtree Farms delivery records.
6 Data from Internal records; data utilizes employee zip codes for estimated miles and considers travel method. Chattanooga to San Francisco miles calculated using GoogleMaps.
7 Data from internal and external records. Hours include administrative and operational activities, but do not account for time spent outside the LEED Performance Period.